WHAT OPRAH TAUGHT US ABOUT BUILDING THE CAREER OF YOUR DREAMS.
Deciding what you want to do for the rest of your life or the majority of your life is tricky, it is something that you can not do alone. You need guidance and advice from people you care about, be it family, friends, career advisers, mentors or inspiration figures.
Oprah has always been the latter for me and anytime I am in need of inspiration I read her work, listen to her interviews and hear her tell the story of how she got to where she is now. Here are some of my favourite quotes from about her career path:
- On Excellence - “The choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.”
- Live your truth - “Often we don’t even realize who we’re meant to be because we’re so busy trying to live out someone else’s ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.”
- Significance - "The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but on significance -- and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning."
- Faith - "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe."
- Growth - "Turn your wounds into wisdom."